Wednesday, January 2

word up!

a whole 365 days of possibility lies ahead...well 364 because i spent the 1st January eating cheese and crackers.
the year just past i look back and feel as though i accomplished...well...not so much. but really it was a year of survival, and i feel okay letting myself have that. i needed to put everything i had into my family. and honestly it was hard, and very tiring and overwhelming. looking back it was totally worth it.
my word for last year i chose was possibility. but i think the universe had a different word for me. 'family' 'survival' ...or possibly 'hermit'. ha.

this year however.
my word shall be BRAVE.

not in a Bear Grylls kind of way.
bravery in a feeling the fear of finding 'myself' after having kids kind of way. sounds all very fluffy i know but there is a comforting blanket of being a mother. i guess because the focus is not really on me...it's on children. (look at the pretty pretty children!)
where as stepping out (particularly in a arty/business sense) it's all me. and that makes me feel vulnerable.
so i need my warpaint on.
be brave.


three bed-headed excited wee gals.
(Honor's face still cracks me up...Indie woke her up to see the pressies, Honor sooo doesn't do mornings.)

Wishing you all an amazing, fulfilling new year.

do you have word to guide you through?


1 comment:

  1. Renew, Revive, and maybe... move forward! Lookin forward to another year with you just around the corner x.

    ReplyDelete