Saturday, October 16

edible treats and inedible treats.

I love how well my mum knows me...love it, love it, love it. She's an amazing secondhand store trawler, and seems to have the magic eye for coming away with a plethora of treasures. the other day she turned up on my doorstep with gorgeous golden glass cake stand. i fell in love instantly. When i grow up i may marry it, Mr & Mrs Cake stand.
We had a funny conversation about how everything is now "vintage chic" and there are "vintage boutiques"...what ever happened to the more honest "second hand" and "op shops". why can't thrift be cool without having to change it's name?



So to go with my new inedible treat i made one i can get my teeth into, delicious lemon dream syrup cake. Which will get gobbled up by a certain Indie May and Honor Violet, and big chunk to the Lars.
...on that note, i have a confession. I,  on occasion sneak my treat (usually of the chocolate variety) with me when i have a shower...i stand there, hot water massaging my back, indulging in my treat...my being the operative word here. I don't have to share with anyone. I spend the rest of my waking day sharing time, words, energy, sandwiches, thoughts, wisdom. But once and a while this biscuit is ALL mine. Not sure i can manage a cake though...


3 comments:

  1. That cake plate rules :) I am uber jealous! And your cake looks freaken amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a super good looking peice of glass!
    after an invasion of sisters, children and fairy-god-mothers while i was at work i missed out on the cake...just means i'll have to bake another and it can take pride of place on my bench for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corr! Nice (gl)ass! Clever Mama ('s) Xx*

    P.S. I would please like your delicious dreamy lemony recipe! I love all things lemony! ;-).*

    ReplyDelete