Sunday, October 24

hey. yo. it's me. summer. coming soon to a town near you.

it's spring here, a season that is not quite sure what it should be doing. currently it's decided to be chilly, windy and rainy...hopefully she will have a mood change soon. pretty sure spring is a woman.

there are a few things though, that sparkle through letting us know of the glowing warm skin, freckled nose, sticky tar day, holiday riddled summer that is just around the corner...

some signs for me are...

1. the smell of tomato vines on my fingers after i have been picking the laterals off my plants in wait of some fruiting beauties. have been known to just go and rub my hands on the poor unsuspecting plant just to have that smell with me.



2. Avocados flood into the markets...and don't cost as much as diamonds. i ♥ avocado. i didn't like them until my 20's...i pine over those 20 years wasted not eating them. i think i'm making up for that though with my excessive consumption now.

3. daylight savings kicks in, and i can bask in the last light of the day after my kids have gone to bed. total. magic. hour.

4. Everyone in the neighbourhood seems that little bit friendlier as they squeeze out of hibernation.

5. my toes are allergic to spring grass...they itch and swell up like yams. i seem to forget that it happens every year...so when it does i am annoyed, but at the same time ecstatic that the seasons are changing. i am like a human calendar.

6. my girls run around with no clothes on all year round. at this time of year they just turn a paler shade of blue.

7. the fact that i leave my Christmas lights up outside all year doesn't seem as weird...it looks as though i am very organised, rather than very lazy. but really i just like shiny things.


8. all my summer clothing starts peeking it's head out of the closet, scared off by the chilly winter...they slowly, but cautiously make their way out, squinting eyes and all.

9. the summer holidays are so close. i can smell Christmas, hear new years resolutions, taste the salty beach, feel the hugs given to my children from grandparents and can see the 'to do' list i have to get a crack on before the big, bold summer arrives!

10. sunshine sheets on my bed. i love sleeping in sunshine.

what are some things that trigger you into summer mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment